Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What Was Your Favorite Part?

Each night while putting little guy to sleep, we ask him, "What was your favorite part of today?" It's so cute to hear what has touched his heart and mind and what he treasures most about the day. We've had quite a busy weekend spending time with my father-in-law, taking a little side trip to the Jersey Shore to walk on the beach and get some ice cream and spending time with family. So, you can only imagine my surprise when I got this response last night - "My favorite part of today was driving past the Burger King with the playground in it". Don't know why that stuck out in his mind, but it made him happy nonetheless. Once I reminded him of all the other things we did over the weekend, he did agree that he liked the beach and ice cream as well...I'm blaming it on short term memory loss.

1 comment:

Lois Christensen said...

Amazing what they cling to. Sounds like a busy but fun weekend!