Thursday, May 28, 2009

Poem

My Aunt Lou recently passed down to us a collection of my Opa's (grandfather's) poem which I treasure. I love not only what he writes, but seeing so many of these poems in his own penmanship. What a legacy he leaves and what a joy to see how much he loved the Lord. I'm excited to be able to one day pass these on to my son.

Here's one poem that spoke to me today:

"A Talk With Jesus" by Henry D. Stender

A talk with Jesus, in time of need.
What precious moments at his feet.

A talk with Jesus, He who cares,
Unload your burden, He will share.

A talk with Jesus what joy will come,
When you will realize what He has done.

A talk with Jesus, when you are glad,
Give Him thanks that you are not sad.

A talk with Jesus, your heart will be at ease,
Only He will bring you lasting peace."

1 comment:

Lois Christensen said...

Very nice! And how nice that you have something in his own handwriting, something that is not that common these days as most of us use the computer! I'm sure Chris will enjoy reading these as he gets older!