Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I Corinthians 13 Test

At Bible Study this morning, the Pastor's wife shared with us a I Corinthians 13 test... every time the word LOVE appears, substitute it with your name.... Try reading it out loud with your name -- makes more an impact

Love is patient (ie. Beth is patient)
Love is kind and does not envy, does not boast, is not proud.
Love is not rude, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth.
Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Makes you think a little, huh!? Some were a little hard to say out loud without a little flag going up...

2 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

Oh, I don't think I would do very well at all. Lois is patient? Don't think so. Slow to anger? No, not most days! Great post. Makes you think.

Did you have to memorize this for Missionettes? I did.
Enjoy! Hope your back is better!

Busy Mom in CA said...

Yep, I had to memorize this and the statement of faith I think. I'm so glad we had such a solid program when we were growing up.