Today I pulled a muscle in my back... I wish I could say that I pulled it doing something adventurous or fun. The reality is that I was bending over to take something out of the cabinet beneath our sink in the bathroom. When I went to stand up straight, something just didn't align again properly. Must be yet another sign that the big 4-0 is looming around the corner.
I already warned Chris that this afternoon he will be on his own (so to speak). He is at the age where he can get his own drink and snack and he obviously can use the bathroom without assistance. So, I informed him that after lunch, Mommy will be resting. A few minutes later, I entered the living room to find him arranging everything for "movie afternoon." "Mommy, you can sit on the couch -- I even put your favorite blanket there so you can rest. We are going to watch Veggie Tales ALL afternoon!" Wasn't that the sweetest thing!!
2 comments:
I feel your pain. There are days when all I want to do is lay flat and the thought of moving is agonizing.
I hope your back feels better!!! What Chris did is so precious!!!
Enjoy!
Somehow the good Lord sent me to your blog, and I'm glad he did.
I am a single mom of 2 teen kids. We're from deep south Texas. I am Hispanic and my kids are also Italian. My exhusband was German/Italian...(he is still one of my very good friends). I thought it was interesting that you too have the same ethnicity in your family. I am mult-lingual but mu kids mainly speak English. They both take Spanish class in high school but it is only by the grace of God that they are passing with A's. I can fully understand you wanting your son to learn Spanish.
You son is "Chulo"...very handsome. Keep the "Fe".
Please stop by my blog and meet me and the kids. I work fulltime in Sales/Safety/HR. I own an online boutique on the side. Life is good. God is wonderful, and Jesus Christ is the man of my house.
So nice meeting you!
Yoli
http://apronofthemonthclub.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment