Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Kid Funny

After much debate, we took Chris to get his flu shot (the regular one, not H1N1) yesterday. Actually, it was his flu "vaccination" as we call it.. "shot" just sounds like you are going to be hit with a bullet... vaccination sounds more medical (and less painful). Anyway, Chris has had plenty of vaccinations, so he knows that it's just a little pinch, and then it's all over. When he was younger we would "practice" at home with a pretend doctor's kit so he would know what to anticipate when he got to the doctor's office. He is not a child who likes surprises.. he likes to know what is going to happen.

Anyway, he told me on the way to the doctor's office that he was going to be brave for his vaccination. I smiled and told him if he was real brave he would be rewarded with a trip to Target where he could pick out anything from the Dollar section (generous, aren't I? )

He was a little nervous and I did have to hold him down for the vaccination, but he did well. As the nurse was leaving the room, I thanked her and he yelled out, "Thanks for the pinch!" She and I just cracked up. He was so sincere. What a cutie.

No comments: