Saturday, October 31, 2009

Where Are You Dwelling??

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust. If you make the Most High your dwelling - even the Lord, who is my refuge - then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone." (Excerpts from Psalm 91)

When I was a college student at Messiah College, in the little town of Grantham, PA, I distinctly remember one particular Halloween. I was walking around the campus with one of my good friends, and we both kind of looked at each other and said something to the effect of "Do you feel that?" There was such an oppressive spirit in the air... mind you, this was a Christian college in a very rural part of PA. But witchcraft and other evil existed outside of our college campus as it does all over the country. It was definitely in the air... it felt like it was closing around our campus... it was not a good feeling. I remember praying to the Lord to surround us and protect us and our campus.

If you have time, read all of Psalm 91 and remember to "dwell" - reside in, put your attention toward, the Lord.

1 comment:

Lois Christensen said...

This is one of my favorite Psalms. Thanks for your prayers. I need to be in the secret place of the Most High, we all need this.