I thought when we lived in Florida we "saw it all" when it came to drivers. There were so many times when driving on a major highway (where the speed limit was 75 mph) that we would encounter reckless, crazy drivers. It was common to see a pick-up truck speeding down the major highways going 75 - 90 mph with cargo NOT TIED DOWN in the back of their pick-ups. We're talking mattresses, furniture, washing machines.. you name it. There's nothing like having to dodge washing machines bouncing out of a truck. Who needs Disney when you have adventure like that on a highway.
Well, the other day, I saw something that absolutely took the cake. We were driving on the Garden State Parkway which is one of my least favorite roads to begin with... it's a mini raceway with sporadic toll booths. Anyway, we were sitting in stop and go traffic and the guy behind us would honestly speed up and then jam on the brakes every time the traffic would start to flow again. I had to brace myself more than once because I just knew he was coming so close to hitting us. I couldn't figure out what this guy's problem was... why was he driving so weird and wild? So, I turned around in our mini van (I was in the passenger seat) and what I saw just outraged me... The driver was driving the car WITH A BROKEN ARM..IN A CAST! To make matters worse, he was TALKING ON HIS CELL PHONE WITH HIS GOOD HAND!! Can you just picture that?? The cast was resting on top of the steering wheel and he honestly couldn't "steer" it if he tried, and illegally talking on his cell phone (we have a "hands free" law here in NJ) with his good hand.
Yep.. I think I've seen it all. How about you?? Any interesting stories from your road trips?
No comments:
Post a Comment