Yesterday I found my mind going a mile a minute. It was honestly just going from one thought to another of things that had to get done. I was making so many mental lists in my head that I just had to run to find a piece of paper and write it all down. It's amazing how men and woman are so different in this area. Our former pastors gave a marriage seminar entitled "Men are Like Waffles, Woman are Like Spaghetti". This basically means that men are very compartmental (like a waffle) in their thinking. One thought or category at a time. Don't go at them with a million questions or a big list... one thing at a time. Woman, however, are like spaghetti - you put spaghetti on a plate and it spreads out.. it's all over the place, mixed between other pieces, swirling around -- just like us --we are all over the place. Our mind is just able to go from one thing to another.
I hate when my mind is so frantic with thoughts. Yes, there are important tasks to take care of, but there are days I just want to have my mind filled with thoughts of God's blessings, his peace, stories of his redemption and his grace. Max Lucado says that "Change the thoughts, and you can change the person. If today's thoughts are tomorrow's actions, what happens when we fill our minds with thoughts of God's love? Will standing beneath the downpour of his grace change the way we feel about others?" It's not enough to keep the bad stuff out. We've got to let the good stuff in."
So, today I'm following Philippians 4:8 (KJV - because that's how we memorized it growing up!) Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things!
No comments:
Post a Comment