Tuesday, September 1, 2009

End of Summer Sigh

Today is my little boy's last day of freedom before entering the world of public schools. Tomorrow is his first day of kindergarten and he'll be riding the big yellow school bus as well. My head is already spinning with worry with questions such as: Who will guide him to his classroom? Will he be afraid or brave? Will he make friends easily? Will it be a loving, nurturing environment? So many thoughts. A good friend and neighbor has already invited me over to her house tomorrow morning so we can support one another during this milestone.

I know God will be with him and watching over his little life. I'm just enjoying this one last day together -- he's still in PJs and I'm pretty much letting him do whatever he wants today. You're only little once and I want him to remember this time as being fun and carefree. Please say a special prayer for him (and us) tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lois Christensen said...

I know he'll do fine!!! I worried the same way with Olivia and she's a junior in High School! Crazy story with the guy with his arm in the cast!! My biggest annoyance is trucks with stones in the back and they have no covering on them! We've had to replace our windshield while on vacation last year because of this and not to mention the huge rock that flew at our car and completely shattered the back window while we were on the NY Thruway last year on the way to the cemetery. Not fun. Enjoy your time while Chris is at school!