Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Favorite Things - Ice Cream Edition

Since my friend Lois suggested this last week, today's topic of favorite things is ice cream. Honestly, I don't even know where to begin with this one. I can't say I have just one favorite... there are so many categories too. Here are a few of my favorite ice cream flavors/brands and where I like to go to get some:

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough - Ben & Jerry's
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard - Dairy Queen
Rainbow Italian Ices -- wherever I can find it (Rita's does not serve it much to my dismay)
Jahn's Ice Cream - in Queens, NY
Chipwich -- remember those from the 80s? Love to get them from the ice cream truck that comes around.

So, I want to hear from you guys as well. What is your favorite brand or flavor or place to indulge?? I think I'll have to run out for some ice cream this afternoon - this is making me crave some!

2 comments:

Busy Mom in CA said...

What?? That makes me so sad that Jahn's is no longer there...

Lois Christensen said...

What? Jahn's is no longer??? Where do people go after their piano recitals??? Remember that Beth?? I love a nice soft chocolate ice cream cone with chocolate sprinkles. But it's been ages since that! I remember my dad taking us to Carvel on Atlantic Avenue in the summer and getting my cone. And my dad would always have to help me finish it before it melted all over my hand. Great list! Sorry it took me so long to get here!