Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Oh Brother....

Well, today Chris asked the dreaded question...."Mommy, am I going to have a brother?" I shouldn't be all that surprised that he asked this questions now. He's been spending lots of time with his friends who all have brothers and sisters and I guess he finally figured out.. "hey.. I don't have one of those." My heart sank and broke for him as he looked up at me with his bright, anxious eyes as he waited for my response. Steve and I talked about this day for a while... we knew he would eventually ask about having a brother or sister. And today was the day (big sigh...)

I delicately explained in 5 year old terms that until God healed Mommy's body, I would not be able to have any more babies. I told him that God makes each and every family special. Some of his friends may have brothers or sisters, but for now, God saw fit for us to have just 3 people in our family. We are blessed and if it's God's will, maybe one day down the road we will be able to add to our family, but for now, we are a happy family of 3.

He seemed to take that pretty well and scampered off to his next activity which was a good thing or else I would have broken down in tears for sure. Don't worry, since some of his friends have dogs, I'm sure he'll be asking for that next week.

1 comment:

Lois Christensen said...

Michael always wanted a younger brother and we had to go through the same thing. It's harder for you since Chris is your only child.

Great post on the nursery! AND, I come home from church dripping in sweat as well from playing the piano! It is so hot up on our platform! But at least I don't have any diapers or crying babies to attend to! Just the crying of the drummer...but that's another story. He fights me on almost every song. Enjoy your day!