Thursday, April 23, 2009

That's News To Me!

Am I the only person alive that didn't know that you should not put fabric softener in when washing your towels??? Honestly, I've always used it in the washing machine and I've used the dryer sheets too because I figured it would make the towels nice and fluffy..just the way I like them. I recently learned that the fabric softener actually makes the fabric lose absorbency. So what's a girl to do to get her towels nice and fluffy?? Apparently, using a cup of white vinegar during the rinse cycle works well. I'm trying it now. I guess I must have been day dreaming during that instructional lesson with mom.

2 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

I have never used fabric softener...yes, I know, strange as it is! I did receive a free sample a few weeks ago and used it in our towels, didn't notice a difference! Enjoy your day!

Aunt Carol said...

Did not know this! I always use fabric softener , towels, sheets, cloths.....just a little, like the feel and smells so good! I don't think I'll change, but anyway you learn something new everyday. Hope your FILaw is doing better, and Chris is enjoying his new school. Have a blessed day!