Since tomorrow is our wedding anniversary, here are five tidbits from our wedding day:
1) My Oma Nettie (grandmother) was escorted to a seat in someone else's wedding that was taking place at the venue. Thank God she and the person who escorted her (I won't name the culprit) had the wisdom to look around and realize they didn't know anyone so she made it over to the right wedding in time.
2) My wedding cake was bare -- the florist forgot the flowers -- but at least I had flowers for the ceremony!!
3) We were married by Rev. Monica McKenzie --- she was my very first Sunday School teacher as an infant and close family friend. Years later, she met my husband's family while she was pastoring in Puerto Rico. It's a very small world. When we all realized the connection, we knew she would be the perfect person to marry us. It was such a blessing. (She has since gone home to be with the Lord). Steve & I often joke that she must be telling Steve's mom and my mom in heaven all about the wedding and how God brought us together.
4) My husband was served a kosher meal at the reception. (When we were selecting the menu with the owner, Steve had joked that he wanted the kosher meal. I guess he thought Steve was serious -- or was playing a prank back on us!)
5) I tore my slip towards the end of the evening -- at least it wasn't my dress (or the veil again!)
3 comments:
That is hilarious about your Oma Nettie!! Great memories.
Congratulations on your anniversary and birthday!!
Very funny about the kosher meal!!! Was it good? And I'm glad your Oma Nettie realized she was in the wrong wedding. I'm sure they're all up in heaven right now reliving this day and enjoying the fact that you and Steve met and are as happy as you are and have Chris now!!! Congratulations and Happy Birthday! Enjoy your time in Florida. Post some pictures!!!
Beth! I love reading your blog...It's always full of good stories,I always learn something new and it always makes me smile! Have a wonderful day and a wonderful week visiting with Ruth and family.
Love You!
Post a Comment