Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What date is on your calendar?

Today is February 9th in my world. It's not an April Fool's joke. You see, I have a daily devotional Bible that my Dad gave to me and today is February 9th. I'm not saying that I don't read my Bible everyday, I just don't always read this one every day. I have Bibles all over the house so wherever I land to have my quiet time I can pick up the closest Bible and continue. Upstairs I'm doing a study on the Book of Mark and down here is the daily devotional Bible. You would think I would be stressed out from being "behind" in my reading, but the funny thing is, whenever I read the daily Bible, regardless of what the actual day may be, it's always appropriate and timely for what I'm going through. Right now I'm journeying with the Israelites during their 40 years in the wilderness. Can you relate??? Sometimes it feels like we'll never get to the promised land. But I love the theme of God's faithfulness during this time... he met every need of these people (who complained so much!). I think it's teaching me to stop complaining and start praising more.

No comments: