Monday, April 27, 2009

Believe

Chris came home with this craft from Sunday School yesterday. Such a simple thing that God has asked us to do... just believe in Him. Webster defines the word believe as "to accept as true, genuine, or real." I started thinking about what things did I believe at one time or another to be true or real. The strength of the economy, that America was a "safe" country, money in my 401k or social security so I could retire comfortably, that a particular set of circumstances would bring happiness, etc. But these things were of the world and not eternal. What eternal things should we believe in? That Jesus died on the cross and rose from the grave. That Jesus is coming back again someday. I'm so thankful that by believing in God, I not only please him, but it is the pathway to salvation. Is God true, genuine and real in your life today?

1 comment:

Lianne said...

This is great. I find that God has something to say to me in a lot of the crafts my kids bring home from S.S., too.