Ok.. as I mentioned in my earlier posts, I come from a family of pranksters. Today's prank I like to refer to as the "Eternal Prank".
One day while visiting my Aunt Lou in Long Island (my mom's sister and her family), we were all watching a movie in their basement. We were all comfy and having a good time, having snacks and just enjoying each other's company. My cousin John must have had to use the rest room, so he excused himself and went upstairs to the restroom. While he was gone, someone had the idea that we should all hide on him. I don't think there was much discussion about this because he wasn't gone more than 2 to 3 minutes. So, we all jumped up from where we were sitting and scattered into various nooks and crannies of their basement. My uncle has a tool shop down there and they also had a separate laundry room so there were plenty of places to hide.
Poor John comes downstairs and doesn't know what's going on. The TV is still on and he starts calling out for us. He looks around, but didn't really open doors or anything and doesn't see anyone and then runs upstairs. You can hear the concern and fear building in his voice. (He must have been around 10 or 11 or so). By that time, we realize that this really was not the wisest thing for us to do. We didn't intend to really scare him. So we called out to him and he was obviously shook up a little. The whole thing didn't last more than 2 - 3 minutes, but enough to scare the poor kid. He told us that he thought the rapture took place and he didn't make it. Maybe our prank scared him into his decision to become a pastor when he was older!
That's not a prank I think I would ever repeat on someone, but the next one I'm going to share is one of my mom's all time, best pulled off pranks of all time.
5 comments:
Please don't ever pull any pranks on me!
LOL.. I'll keep that in mind!
You guys are too, too much!
Yes, that's because your husband, Beth's brother is behind a lot of these pranks!!!
What you could've done is when he went back upstairs everyone go back to where they were sitting and act like nothing happened when he came back downstairs.
I know, I'm evil.
Post a Comment