Saturday, December 20, 2008

Heading Out

Well, sometime in the next 24 hours or so, we will be beginning our journey down South. We hope to be dodging some of the snowstorms predicted for our area. Excitement is an understatement as we are all looking forward to warmer weather, time with family and friends, and celebrating the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. Now, I have to admit, Christmas in Florida is a little weird. It's not like you have a roaring fire in the fireplace keeping you warm. Temperatures should be in the 70s!! Regardless, we are anxious for our vacation to start, especially my husband who has been working so hard these last few months.

While we are gone, please keep my Oma Nettie in prayer. (For those who don't know my family, "Oma" is the German word for Grandmother. Oma Nettie is my mother's step mom and she's 91). Oma Nettie has been a part of our family since I was around 4 years old (my Oma died when I was 3). Her health has deteriorated and the doctor's are not optimistic that she has much longer to live. She is at my aunt's house where she is being cared for. I've been meaning to write about this for days but, as you can imagine, it brings up all types of emotions and thoughts that are hard enough around the holidays when missing my mom.

I pray that each of you who read this blog have a blessed Christmas. Rejoice in the Savior !!

1 comment:

Lois Christensen said...

Have a great time in Florida...will be praying for Oma Nettie!