Hi Everyone. I'm down in North Port, FL visiting my Dad for a couple of days. We'll soon be heading back up north so I am soaking in every day down here. Sorry I have been out of touch. I don't have much time, but I want to say thanks to Lois for giving me my very first blog award!! It's very exciting.
After all my stories of practical jokes, I thought you'd like to hear the story of a customer who got the best of my mother while she was working for KLM Airlines in the Credit Division of their Accounting Department.
Angry Customer (AC): "I bought tickets on your airline, I didn't use them and I want a full refund!"
Mom (M): "I'm sorry, sir, but those were non refundable tickets and I can not issue a credit"
AC: "I want a FULL refund, no excuses"
M: "Like I said, sir, I can not offer a refund on those tickets. There is nothing I can do."
(The conversation continues like this for several minutes and my mom is doing her best to be professional but is getting more upset because this customer is yelling at her on the phone)
AC: (yelling into the phone) "Listen, lady, I DEMAND A FULL REFUND!!"
M: (raising her voice) "They are non refundable tickets. You can not get a refund."
AC: "I WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR SUPERVISOR. WHAT IS YOUR NAME?
M: (with a "go ahead and see where that gets you attitude ) "Elizabeth Somma - S-O-M-M-A"
AC: "Well this is Stephen S-O-M-M-A and I just got you!
Much laughter ensued after that exchange. I hope I adequately described the conversation, Steve.
3 comments:
That is so funny!
Oh My! Love it! I can hear your Mom laughing. Say Hi to your Dad and have a safe trip home. Bring some warm weather back :)
Love and Prayers, Aunt Carol
He's a character, that Steve. I shudder at the thought of the shenanigans he will pass on to our own children!
The first time I heard that story we were sitting with your parents at the dining room table in Forest Hills. It was many years later, but your mom laughed so hard at the retelling that she had tears running down her cheeks! What a great memory -- on both counts...
Post a Comment