Thursday, December 18, 2008

Favorite Part

We had a super busy day yesterday. First, Christopher's birthday was celebrated in preschool (since his birthday falls over the Christmas break). He was so excited to bring in a special snack (Oreos, per his request) and especially to have all his friends sing happy birthday to him. After I picked him up from school, I whisked him away to Montclair, NJ for a Christmas luncheon that my husband was throwing for the media department at our church (Steve is the Media Director). It was a great time with lots of food. Chris decided that he was going to be the entertainer and grabbed a microphone, sang several Christmas songs and also treated us to some beautiful piano banging.. um.. I mean music. It was adorable. We were both exhausted when we left the church and I was anxious to hear what he enjoyed the most. Here is how the conversation went:

Me: So, Christopher, what was your favorite part of today?
Chris: Not yet, Mom.
Me: What do you mean, not yet?
Chris: You can't ask me that yet.
Me: Why not?
Chris: Today is not over yet and you only can ask me that when it's dark outside. It's not dark yet.

So, I had to wait to find out. Just in case you are wondering, when it got dark outside, he did tell me that his favorite part was when they celebrated his birthday in school, and he even got to blow out a candle. I'm just not sure where they would stick it on an Oreo! Trust me, I wanted to bake something, but Oreos are his favorite and I wasn't going to make him take in a treat that he wouldn't eat or enjoy.

2 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

Always go for the favorite, that's what they're remember most!

A House FULL of Grace said...

Very cute...and who (besides your brother) doesn't like Oreos? I think it's so sweet that he didn't want to tell you about his day until it was really over. Give him a hug from us, please!