We started 2008 living in Florida. My husband had just accepted a job in New Jersey and 3 weeks into 2008 he was living in New Jersey with Chris and I staying behind in Florida in hopes of selling our home quickly. I must admit, the first 6 months of 2008 were very hard on us as a family. Steve spent 4 - 5 days living in a hotel in NJ, then he would fly home for 2-3 days where he often had to field phone calls or work remotely. It was like he was here, but sometimes he wasn't all here if that makes any sense. It was draining on him physically and emotionally and it was very hard on me to say goodbye to him each week, not to mention being mommy and daddy to Chris for all those months. We prayed for so long for the right opportunity for Steve, and we both felt confirmation from the Lord that this position in NJ was where God was leading us. It wasn't an easy transition, but it was the answer to prayer we were seeking and we are so blessed.
Once we all finally moved to NJ in June 2008, we were thrilled to finally be together as a family again and to live out God's blessings. We are ending 2008 with Steve still thriving in his job, Chris well adjusted to his new surroundings and, even though our house has not sold, we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Just not in the way we thought. (I'll talk more about that some other time).
I guess what I learned this year more than anything is that God still does answer prayers. It's not always in a quick way, it's not always painless, but it is always on-time and for our own good in the long run. One of my goals for the new year is to trust God with everything and to try to not take back control when I don't see things happening in the natural.
3 comments:
We are so happy you guys are back in NJ and closer to us! Yes, God's in control, we just have to learn to trust fully!
Hi Beth, Love reading your blog. It brings back so many good memories. What thrills me most, is how you, Ruth and Steve have been blessed with beautiful families, good jobs and especially your passion serving the Lord. I know your Mom is looking down and laughing!!!
Have a happy, healthy, blessed New Year!
Love and Prayers,
Aunt Carol and family
Thanks for such a heartfelt post. I can so relate. God does not promise that this life will be without pain, but He does promise to make our yoke easy and our burden light. It's when I resist Him and His guidance that the pain is so, well, painful!
You've been through a lot this year, but isn't it awesome that God is guiding and directing you and reminding you that you are in the palm of His wonderful hand? You've learned so much about HIM in the process of all the "chaos" and isn't that what matters most?!
We pray abundant blessings for the Malave family in 2009. Our Lord is Exceedingly, abundantly faithful...I can't wait to see what's next!
Love you!
Post a Comment