Friday, December 5, 2008

Praise For A Day

I'm almost done with a Beth Moore series that I'm doing at my cousin Liz's church on Tuesdays. This is my 3rd Beth Moore series and I've really enjoyed this one as well. If you never have taken one of her bible studies, there is lots of homework (there's a workbook that accompanies each study) and it really does make you stop to think.

Anyway, Beth Moore challenged us in one of her videos to spend a full day not asking God for anything, but rather to spend the day praising Him, thanking Him and worshiping Him. It's not as easy as it sounds. I do those things daily, but do I do it more frequently than asking for Him to do things for me or to fix a situation or to heal someone or to just forgive me? Don't get me wrong... it's definitely ok to approach God with our needs. But maybe just for a day, we can put our needs aside and just praise Him for who He is.

2 comments:

A House FULL of Grace said...

Great thought, Beth, thanks! I'm just starting my day and I'm going to focus on praise!

Liz said...

Sounds great...I really need to start this....thanks.