As I mentioned before, I'm a fan of "Jon & Kate Plus 8". This show follows the lives of the Gosselins, a Christian couple that have twin girls and sextuplets. One of the things I love about this couple is that they show their Christianity where they can (because I'm sure the network will not allow them to openly talk too much about their faith). Kate has scripture verses posted on her kitchen cabinets and, in the last few weeks, Jon and Kate have been sporting a tee shirt that has Isaiah 40:31 on it. This verse says:
"But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles. They shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." In my study Bible, it goes on to explain that "waiting on the Lord" should entail confident expectation and active hope in the Lord - never passive resignation. Wow -- did that hit me. How many times have I "waited" for an event or something in my life with dread as opposed to confident expectation? Countless times! It's just a reminder that God has great things for us and we can wait with a positive outlook instead of a "whatever" approach or expecting the worst.
I am waiting for a few things in my life today... but at least I'll be waiting with a better outlook and excitement. How about you?
1 comment:
Love that show too....I have some things that I'm waiting on the Lord to do as well...I will wait with great expectations as well.
Post a Comment