Chris is the proud owner of a Tent. He picked it out himself at Target the other day. He was so excited he could barely contain himself and has spent countless hours inside the tent, taking small treasures and toys inside as well. Sometimes, he even invites Steve & I inside to join him.
I don't know about you, but we didn't have room in my childhood home for such a tent. (Not that I have much room in our current rental for it either). Growing up, my brother and I would wake up early on a Saturday morning, race downstairs to put on the Smurfs, Tom & Jerry or Scooby Doo, (yes, I'm dating myself) and then we would grab two chairs from the dining room and a sheet or blanket. We would build ourselves a glorious "tent" out of that and would spend lots of time there... just hanging out, watching tv, etc.
I think one of the coolest parts of parenting is watching your child enjoy something that you loved to do as a kid. It doesn't get better than that... well, maybe being in the tent with a bowl of your favorite ice cream would be better.... hmm.. getting hungry.
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment