Remember that little song from Children's Church? (Ok I'm dating myself). I am definitely amazed by how much Chris takes in from day to day conversations. I have 2 funny stories to share.. somewhat embarrassing, but oh well...
A few months ago we were in the Christian Bookstore and Chris instantly went to the Veggie Tale section. He played with everything there and exclaimed that he wanted this toy and that toy, etc. He already owned several of those toys so Steve explained that "you don't need them.. you already have it at home". He had to restate this a few times to Chris during that shopping excursion. After a while, Chris was growing restless, so I figured I'd take him with me to another store in the shopping strip since I had to buy a bridal shower gift for a friend of mine who was getting married. So, we went into a store and I headed over to the lingerie section. As Chris and I are wandering through that department, he loosens his hand from mine, runs over to the bra section, reaches up with his little hands...GRABS A BRA and SQUEEZES it and then turns to me and exclaims "Mommy, you don't need this.. you already have one at home." Yes... I about died from laughter. I don't think anyone else heard him, but I thought it was classic.
Second scenario... Recently I was in the restroom at home and for those of you who are moms, you know that there is no privacy when you have small children, even in your bathroom. So, Chris walks in on me and sits on the floor. He grabs my hands and then exclaims "You can do it Mommy... Good Girl! It'll make your tummy feel better. Mommy... you'll get a gold star if you do poopie" I was in hysterics.. here he is encouraging me with the same words I used to encourage him while taking care of business. Too precious.
Well, there you go. More than you needed to or wanted to know from inside the trenches of motherhood.
1 comment:
Oh yes the poopie story is too funny and I live that every day. My one year old has heard me encourage the 3 year old so he always comes in the bathrooms and says "grunt, mama, grunt". =)
Post a Comment