Yep... I've been in NJ one month and already I've been pulled over. Let me start by saying I never get pulled over. Seriously, this is the first or second time ever! I was horrified. I wasn't speeding, tailgating, or suffering from a serious case of road rage. What was my offense, you ask? Talking on my cell phone. It was so silly. I know better. I had the silly little ear piece sitting right next to me. It was literally a 10 second phone conversation. UGH!!!!!!!!!! I was really hoping the fact that I had Florida plates would help me, but then he asked if I ever lived here and of course I had to say yes because I did. He got me.. he knew that because I had lived here in the past, I couldn't get away with saying, I didn't know. I did know. I had just forgotten to put that little thing in my ear before I answered the call.
It didn't help that the officer who pulled me over was very arogant and smug. I was extremely polite and on the verge of tears because, like I stated, I never get pulled over and I'm a girl. Girls cry easily. He gave me a lecture about "hands-free" and treated me like a two year old. I took it and just wanted it to be over with already. All I'm really thinking during this lecture is:
1) how much is this little mishap going to cost and
2) how is my husband going to react to this and
3) boy do I hope that Christopher has no idea what is happening (he was in the back seat sleeping thankfully)
I am happy to report that I got off with just a warning and I have been faithfully wearing my earpiece ever since.
2 comments:
Beth - how awful for you! Do you have that badge from my hubby? You should have shown it to the police officer - if you don't have one, he'll give you one. I'm sorry you had to go through this...been there and done that. At least he didn't give you a ticket, that would have been so costly! Don't let it get you down....next time use the head piece. Love, Liz
Thanks Liz. I can laugh about it now. Yes, I think I will need a badge at some point.
Post a Comment