I can't believe I have to type this... but.... the move is NOT OVER!!!! As unbelievable as it is, our movers did not come today as promised. They did not even call. On Monday, the moving company called to confirm their arrival today between 8 and 10 am. So at 9:50 am, I had hubby call them just to make sure they are on their way. It was then we got the news that "they just found out" that the moving truck had some mechanical problem and that it had to return to it's home base ... IN FLORIDA! Yes... all of our things are still in Florida... 8 days after the moving truck picked it up... it's probably 20 miles from our old home. It's outrageous.
At first I was really mad... the "Ugly Sicilian" was rearing it's head. For those of you who know me well, know that it takes a lot to put me over the edge... and once I get there, it's not pretty - therefore the nickname. Actually, most of you who have seen the Ugly Sicilian have laughed at me because those episodes are so far and few between and out of character (I hope). Anyway, after a few minutes I calmed down, because I know that everything happens for a reason and that God has everything under control. For whatever reason, I don't have to stress about this. Am I disappointed that I'm still not living in our house? Yes. But, today hubby and I chose to focus on the positive like the fact that we are living in the same state and that we are all healthy and that we are blessed.
I know most of you are thinking what I was thinking --- REFUND! For now they are putting us up in a nearby hotel until Saturday. If for some reason, I am writing a similar story in my blog on Saturday... then we'll have to take some further action.
In the meantime, I'm taking a poll -- how many of you think my things will finally arrive on Saturday? Trust me.. no one is more anxious to stop blogging about my move then me.
1 comment:
Beth, if the movers STILL don't come by Sat, come to my house for our BBQ - PLEASE!!!!! Let me know, we would LOVE to have you! Liz
Post a Comment