Friday, July 25, 2008

Five On Friday

Looking for some good books? Here are five books that I am reading this summer:

1) A Jewel in His Crown - by Priscilla Evans Shirer
2) Get Out of that Pit - by Beth Moore
3) Parenting Isn't for Super Heros - by David Clarke (this book is helpful and hilarious)
4) The Parting, The Forbidden and The Longing - The Courtship of Nellie Fischer (ok..that's three books in one series) - by Beverly Lewis
5) The Firstborn Series - by Karen Kingsbury

If you are looking for a great Christian fiction series, I always recommend Beverly Lewis or Karen Kingsbury. My favorite Karen Kingsbury series is the Redemption Series.... trust me.. you will not be able to put those books down. The Redemption Series include (Redemption, Remember, Return, Rejoice and Reunion). I can't guarantee that you won't cry...

3 comments:

Liz said...

Love the Beverly Lewis books, I'm finishing up Abrams Daughters, the last and final book...I started the series in January, but there are 5 books in the series...and life has been busy for me. I want to read the Redemption series that you told me about...do you have the books? Will you lend them out? Let me know. Love the blog...are you reading my blog? I have posted a lot and haven't gotten any comments from ya!

Busy Mom in CA said...

I do have the Redemption books...somewhere in a box. I'll try to find them so I can give them to you when I see you in Aug. I'll definitely check out your latest postings. See you soon!

2 Boys' Mom said...

I love to read Michael Phillips. One of his older series, Secret of the Rose, is my favorite. His new ones are good too. My favorite of those is the American Dreams series.

I also really like Tracie Peterson and Judith Pella as well as Lori Wick.