Chris woke up announcing that today is the first day of Winter. Yes it is - and the snow on the ground proves it. We had about 8 -10 inches that fell between Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. It's always so beautiful to watch from inside the comforts of your nice, cozy home. Not so nice if you have to drive in which we thankfully did not.
I was very concerned that my husband would have to drive to church on Sunday but because the weather was so bad, they made the decision to cancel all services. I think it would have been way too dangerous for people to try to get there... we live in a very mountainous part of the state and it takes time for these roads to be treated in a storm.
So, we spent 3 full days (Steve was off on Friday) together as a family. The highlights included hot chocolate, sleigh riding, eating tons of sugar cookies, playing board games , hours of entertainment with our Wii, and working on puzzles together. My husband has caught the "bejeweled" bug for those of you on Facebook and have played that one minute, can't get enough, game. It is addicting.
Today starts the final countdown to Christmas and my little guy's 6th birthday which is the day after Christmas. You can't even imagine the fore-thought that has to go into his birthday each year. I try really hard to get super organized for it because it's not like I can run out the day before his bday for any last minute items or balloons, a cake, etc. (Christmas Day). To add insult to injury, he wants to spend his birthday here at home, but now I hear there may be another storm coming and we are going to be in South Jersey for Christmas...so I have to bring all the birthday preparations to South Jersey... just in case! Can you imagine getting snowed in and not having his bday gifts or decorations with me? It would not be pretty, people.
I'm not sure how much opportunity I will have to blog... but will try at least one more time to wish you all a very Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment