Monday, December 14, 2009

Saturday Funday

We had such a nice weekend. We took Christopher to a Santa Train ride right here in Hackettstown. The ride was about 1 1/2 hours. They had carolers, Mrs. Claus, Elves, and of course, Santa himself. Chris was wide-eyed and excited about the whole experience. It was his first time on a NJ transit train and to have an opportunity to sit with Santa and tell him what he wanted for Christmas made his day. Here's a video clip that my hubby put together.



Later that day we went to First A/G in Rockaway to see a Living Nativity and also had a chance to catch up with my good friends from college, Jerry & Diane, who attend that church. Chris loved the nativity scene. It was freezing that night, but we were bundled up and enjoyed all the music and acting (and cookies & hot chocolate!). They did a great job.

What I loved most about this weekend was the memories I hope we are creating for Chris. We did some baking, sang Christmas songs and read the Christmas story to him. It was a much needed family bonding time and I know I'll always remember it.

1 comment:

Lois Christensen said...

Oh that video was precious!!! Chris looks so much like a Somma!!! Great idea! Thanks for sharing it! Made me remember when Olivia and Michael were little.