Thursday, December 10, 2009

It Will All Be Over When Jesus Comes Out....

I almost laughed out loud when I actually uttered those words a few weeks ago about half-way through the Christmas Spectacular. Those of you who have been following my blog know that we took my son to the Radio City Christmas show recently. It had been many years since I went to the show, and I must say, it still is amazing. I don't know how the Rockettes can kick their legs the way they do for 1 1/2 hours.. not to mention changing costumes a billion times.

Chris was mesmerized... he was so into it. He was sitting in his aisle seat, clutching his souvenir popcorn tin (which we inadvertently left behind after the show!) taking in everything. I was so pleased that he was finally at the age to sit still and watch it... and then it happened.

I knew I was in trouble when he polished off the last kernel of popcorn. It was an hour into the show and there was still 1/2 hour to go.... "Mom... is this almost over? Mom... I'm ready to go now. Mom, when will I know when this is over?" And then I uttered my profound statement..
"The show won't be over until Jesus comes out"

Don't even get me started on the fact that 80 minutes of the Christmas show is focused on Santa and the Rockettes and that they squeeze 10 minutes in about Jesus' birth. I know this is not a Sight and Sound production in Lancaster, PA. I just wanted Chris to hang on long enough to get the "real" part of Christmas.

Afterwards I really reflected on that statement... isn't that what we are all waiting for? Jesus' return! This life... all that we know will one day be over when Jesus comes back! As you go about your busy weeks leading up to Christmas and the celebration of his birth, let's be extra thankful and watchful expecting his glorious return!!

1 comment:

Lois Christensen said...

Yes!! At least you didn't say, "It'll be over when I say it's over." Very funny Beth!! Glad he was able to sit and enjoy it with you!