Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Day After the Day After Christmas

I don't know about you, but it feels like Christmas is over. I guess it should since today is the day after the day after Christmas. My first clue that things would be returning to "normal" was when I went to check my email today, it was the first time I did not have 80 unread messages from my closest retailers trying to entice me to buy things I do not need or want at a bargain price. Ahhh.... the bliss of normal emails in my inbox.

Chris woke up with a fever and a nasty cough. I'm just so glad it happened today and not yesterday on his 6th birthday. I have a couple of pictures I'll try to upload later today. So, now that I will be staying home from church, I plan on cleaning up this house and trying to find a home for all the new stuff that we have been blessed with.

My awesome hubby gave me a journal and a Beth Moore devotional book as part of my Christmas gift. I love the journal because it has many inspirational scriptures and quotes. Here's one that I thought I'd share with you:

"God will never, never, never let us down if we have faith and put our trust in Him. He will always look after us. So we must cleave to Jesus. Our whole life must simply be woven into Jesus." Mother Teresa

1 comment:

Lois Christensen said...

needed that quote so badly today. Thank you!