Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ending with a Bang

Little guy has been sick since the day after his birthday... it started out with just a fever, cold, cough, etc. Last night, while getting him ready for bed, I noticed a rash on his chest. I called the doctor immediately and, thankfully, they were able to see him right away. I'm lucky enough that our doctor's office has at least one doctor in the office 7 days a week (including holidays) up until 7pm at night.

Anyway, they did a strep test which came out negative, but because of the rash, he decided to go ahead and treat Chris for scarlet fever (which is closely related to strep). So, he is on antibiotics, is laying low and will be ringing in the new year from home. Poor thing has cabin fever, but thankfully has an onslaught of new games and activities to help him through the day.

I'm not feeling all so grand myself... had to break out the DayQuil at 5:30 this morning. So, we could definitely use some prayers this week.

No comments: