Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What Kind of Gift?

I have a lot of friends who are out of work this Christmas... the economy is in the toilet and there are lots of families struggling.. really struggling. I remember a couple of years back when my husband was looking for work... all I wanted to give him for Christmas was a great job. So, I'm very grateful this year that he has a job, but my heart goes out to my friends who are still waiting on the Lord for this for their spouses.

So, what can we give or do for those of our friends in need this Christmas? Obviously, pray for them... but maybe we can make an extra effort to keep our ears open for jobs in their field... or to send them an email of encouragement. Perhaps you can introduce them to someone who works in the same field, or a recruiter that you know. They say that getting a job is mostly about networking and "who you know" as opposed to "what you know." Maybe when you pray for your friend you can ask God to help you in directing them to the right people. Take your friend and their spouse out for coffee. This can be an extremely stressful time on a marriage and guys need other guys to encourage them!!

I hope this didn't come off as being preaching or anything... I just wish I had jobs to hand out as Christmas gifts this year. Maybe I need to go back into recruiting... I think it's in my blood.

1 comment:

Sue said...

You are such a doll! Love you!