Friday, January 30, 2009

Five on Friday

Five Favorite Things About Being a Stay At Home Mom (SAHM):

1) Being able to teach my son about Jesus every day and not worrying about someone else putting their values into my child.

2) Having time for devotions each day without being "hurried" for fear of being late for work.

3) Flexibility - I try to accomplish everything I need to do for that day, but can change things up if a crisis occurs

4) Doing crafts and playing games with my son. I love playing games and I'm working on being more "crafty". I'm just not gifted in that area -- I'm really not! So, doing fun crafts together is a challenge for me. I guess I need to get to Michael's or AC Moore soon to get more ideas.

5) Watching my child grow and learn every day and teaching him what's important in life. One of the devotions I shared with him this week was on being Friendly. Today at school, he greeted every student as they came into the building with a "Hello, how are you? And a hug." I wasn't sure why he felt that he needed to hug everyone. He told me that he was being friendly. Priceless.

3 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

Very nice. I'm sure he'll remember you playing the games with him more than doing a craft...since it's what you love to do!! I bet you can't wait for him to learn Scrabble!!! He'll be the best speller in school!

Busy Mom in CA said...

He already owns Scrabble Junior.. We train them young!! LOL

Anonymous said...

You are a great Mom!! Your Mom would be so proud of you. Christopher is blessed. Love ya!