Saturday, January 24, 2009

Shopping Story


I'm not sure what is worse.... shopping for a bathing suit or for a pair of jeans. Both are agonizing to me and not something I can order online. I have to try it on in hopes that a) I am a size smaller than last time and b) that so I won't have to go through the hardship of returning the item and therefore having to look for another one.

Since I am now living in the frozen tundra that is "North and West of New York City" (I've secretly come to despise that phrase this winter), I have had to expand my wardrobe to include a few more pairs of jeans. I hardly ever wore jeans in Florida...too hot for that! But, alas, I must cover my legs here in NJ for the majority of the year it seems. I've been on a quest and this weekend I was finally successful in buying a great pair of jeans at Macy's. I bought a pair of Levi's. Now the thing with Levi's is that you have to try on about 10 different pairs until you find the style that's right for your body..at least I had to. There were the Hi Rise, Low Rise, Mid Rise and they come in numbers for example: Levi's 512, 520, 590, etc. It was exhausting, but so worth the effort. I LOVE my new jeans. At least now I know what I'm looking for.. it will make jean shopping more pleasant going forward. Now as for bathing suits.... I'll check back with you all once I'm defrosted from the winter.


4 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

I love Levi's also. Did you try the ones that "instantly slim you?" I love them. I don't know how much slimming they do...never enough for me! So glad you're back to wearing jeans in the winter, the shorts were getting a bit cold looking! Macy's is great...my favorite place to shop. They have this great couch with a TV right by the fitting room that I can plop Michael on and he holds all my finds until I'm ready to try on. Is that mean????? Enjoy your day!

Busy Mom in CA said...

And how about the price scanner in the dressing rooms? You can scan the item and find out how much it will cost (including discounts) right there. Love it! I am a huge Macy's fan.

Lois Christensen said...

Do you get the coupons they send out??? They're the best. That's how we were able to purchase my purse for Christmas. Saved over $100 on it! All they need now are shopping carts!! And maybe a snack bar...just kidding!

A House FULL of Grace said...

Wouldn't the snack bar be an inhibitor to the jeans shopping? I'd gain a size while trying on the jeans!

I like Macy's too, but what I don't like is knowing that even if I'm buying something on sale this week it will probably be a different price next week. Or there will be a better coupon than the one I just used in the mailbox when I get home...makes me afraid to buy anything because I might not be getting the BEST deal. Just give me the best price already! Glad you found some great jeans...I haven't bought a bathing suit in years! Ugh!!! :-)