I do believe that there are angels watching over us everyday. Perhaps you can recall a time when you've encountered one or felt that one has protected you. My roommate from college, Natalie, and I truly did encounter something miraculous one Sunday night while in college.
We had decided to go to church that evening and, for whatever reason, had some time to spare before the service started. So, we decided to just continue driving around the community near the church, chatting and listening to some Christian music. I can remember so clearly that the song on the radio was "Angels Watching Over Me" by Amy Grant. We were singing along and then I guess we decided that it was time to make our way over to the church. So, Natalie pulled into a driveway to make a U-turn. Now we were on a country road that was pretty flat and there were no other cars on the road in the few miles that we had driven. As we were backing out to complete our U-turn, a car comes out of no where and is coming straight at us. All I saw were headlights. It happened so quickly that we didn't even have time to scream. There was no way that this car could miss us. The headlights were right on us. It was so frightening!! All I know, is that to this day, I believe that there were angels that miraculously intervened. We were not hit, there was not a scratch on the car. I still don't know how we both did not end up dead that night. All the while, the song is playing "Angels watching over me, every move I make. Angels watching over me. God only knows the time my life was threatened just today...."
Thank you Lord for your protection... in the times I am aware and the times I am not.
5 comments:
You know it's amazing when we really begin to think about how many times the Lord has spared us. Right before New Year's I was heading home after shopping and coming down the road that leads up to our house, it's pretty steep and there's a one lane bridge, and the road was covered in snow, ice. Well I was going REALLY slow and noticed another car stopped. Apparently he couldn't get up the hill because of the ice. Well all of a sudden my SUV started sliding and all I could do was hold on to the steering wheel and say, "Jesus, don't let me hit him," about 3 times before I suddenly came to a stop...right to the side of him. Angels watching over me!!!
So true, Beth. I, too, think about it most when I'm in the car and have those near misses...it's actually amazing how OFTEN it happens (or is that just a testament of my driving?!). Seriously though, if it happens that often when I'm in the car and I realize the near miss, how often does it happen when I'm totally unaware? That is the miracle of God. His plans and His purposes in a crazy, seemingly out of control world. It isn't out of His control at all. Great reminder.
It's that "hedge of protection" I wrote about on my blog the other day. Or as the guy in the video I posted says, "I don't want a hedge...I want a brick wall!"
I don't remember that incident at all! But I'm glad it had a happy ending.
I can't believe you don't remember that!?! You were driving LOL !!
Post a Comment