Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Kids and animals

Yesterday Chris & I were sorting through the change in his piggy bank and putting them in wrappers so we could take the money to deposit into his bank account. It brought back a funny story from a few months ago while we were still in Florida.

My sister somehow had agreed to have a few pets in her house, one of them being a guinea pig that lived in Matthew's room. Chris had never seen a real guinea pig before and after inspecting it, let's out a "Hello piggy bank!" it was too funny! To him it looked just like his piggy bank. Thankfully, he didn't try to stuff money into it.

Another incident was at my cousin Dave & Liz's house. Chris has been around lots of dogs, but not many cats. Liz had a cat and Chris didn't know what to make of it at first. So, he came out into the living room saying "I saw a mouse! I want to pet the mouse" Liz was like "A mouse!!!" Thankfully, he really meant the cat and there was no mouse.

I guess we need a few more zoo trips.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Yep, I remember that....I thought he really meant a mouse, since I had a problem with mice this past winter..........