Monday, September 29, 2008

Exercise

I was very motivated the other day to really get back to exercising. When we moved to NJ, I knew exactly where to find my Pilates equipment in our boxes. I pulled it out and there it sat on a shelf for about a month. So, I pulled it out the other day, got dressed in work out gear and found an activity to keep Chris busy while I exercised. I was mentally psyched and ready to go.

I had everything all set but was horrified to find NO DVD inside the DVD box. What???!? Where is my DVD and how annoying is it that all the equipment is there, I'm fully dressed and ready for action and no DVD. Chris is occupied, but for how long?? Hmmm... after a quick look in all the DVDs stored in the living, sorting through all of Chris' DVDs (which are numerous) and scratching my head, the reality hits me that there is only one place this DVD could be. In the garage, in "some" box. There are at least 40 boxes out there. Yes they are labeled, but many of these boxes have been emptied and refilled with other things since we will be likely moving again in June. Ugh....

So, I dash down the stairs to the garage and start my endeavor. I know we have a box of DVDs/CDs but it requires a lot of maneuvering to get to it. I finally wiggle it out and literally have to dive into this large box to get to all the things on the bottom. It's a dark garage and I'm having a hard time seeing. This is a process, people! After spending what seemed like an eternity in the boxes, I still had not uncovered the DVD. Chris was calling and I knew my "exercise" window had been officially closed. I definitely had a workout digging through boxes.. just not the workout I had intended.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Ok, so you didn't workout...I sure hope you had a cookie after all that "other" exercise....been there done that...always looking for something here....I feel your pain...next time just have a cookie!!!HA!

Busy Mom in CA said...

Ice cream is more my thing. When I was in college, one of my friends (you know who you are!) and I skipped aerobics class once or twice and went out for ice cream instead. That used to crack us up. Some of the girls in our class came in with their hair and make-up on perfectly... and would barely sweat and make-up and hair was picture perfect at the end of class. I was so not one of those girls.