Monday, September 1, 2008

Reality Shopping

I hear that we are going to have a "heat wave" this week and that's great news for me. You see, after living in Florida for 4 years, I am in no way, shape or form ready for Fall, let alone Winter. Four glorious years of flip-flops, sandals, shorts, capris, and an occasional jacket or sweater for those days the temperature fell below 70 (not a joke) have ended. You can get used to living like that real quick, people. When we lived in Florida, I loved shopping in September. Everything was 75 to 80 percent off .... and it was all summer clothes!! It was great.

You can only imagine my horror at being in the Freehold Mall in NJ this weekend, only to realize that buying summer clothes on clearance wasn't going to be much help to me in October and November. Sure, I could buy Chris a tee-shirt in a larger size for next summer... but the way he grows, there's always a chance that the shirt may be too small for him next summer.

I better start doing some shopping or else I'll be the only one wearing capris dropping my son off at school when it's snowing.

1 comment:

2 Boys' Mom said...

I'm with you. I lived in San Diego for almost 12 years and my whole wardrobe is shorts, tee shirts and sandels. I have lived in the north now for a couple of years and hate winter clothes. They take up too much space in my closet and dressers. Give me warm weather any day!!!