On the topic of funny stories, this one is a classic. While living in Lancaster, I joined the Adult Choir and had the privilege of meeting some of the most wonderful people. Our choir director, Cheryl, always incorporated a time of prayer at the beginning of practice. We'd go around the room and anyone with a need could share it. Then, Cheryl would ask someone to lead in prayer.
This one Wednesday night while sharing needs, a fellow choir member was requesting praying for someone named Chuck. I can't remember what the specific need was, but it was an urgent need. There were several other names of people that needed to be prayed for as well. Cheryl called on someone to bring these needs to the Lord and the poor guy who was asked to pray, must have been really concentrating on the names and the needs because he started his prayer with "Dear Chuck... we come to you tonight with our needs" Well, you can imagine that I about lost it. He meant to say Dear Lord or Dear Heavenly Father... but Dear Chuck was all that came out. Talk about a personal Lord! The girls from the choir and I still laugh over it. I don't know how we managed to not laugh during the actual prayer.
3 comments:
Funny!
Beth..were you around when Adele DeMoro prayed for "Spud Mc kenzie"(dog beer commercial) instead of Doug Dement (Youth Director) It's a classic ..never to be forgotten! Good thing only a few people picked it up.
Have a great day!
Aunt Carol
Yep, got me to laugh too!!!!!! I probably would have bursted out laughing, if you know me! And yes, I remember when Adele prayed for that dog too!!!!
I totally forgot about that story until you brought it up! That was hilarious.
Post a Comment