Thursday, September 18, 2008

Happy Birthday !!

The twins are 75!! Happy Birthday to my wonderful Father and my Uncle Dave who are turning 75 today. When I was a little girl, I used to get them confused all the time. One time in church, I remember that a bunch of the men (including Dad and Uncle Dave) were standing in a circle and I somehow wound up in the middle of the circle. Someone said to me "Go give your Daddy a hug" and I kept looking back and forth between my Dad and my Uncle and I ran to my Uncle at first and gave him a hug, thinking he was my Daddy. The men roared with laughter and so I knew I picked the wrong guy, and then ran to my Dad. It really did confuse a lot of people in church since both our families attended there.

Anyway, I am blessed to have you both in my life and pray that you have many more wonderful and healthy years ahead of you. God Bless!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Beth:

Thanks so much for your birthday wishes.

I remember one time that your Mom went up to Uncle Dave, thinking it was me. So you are not alone on that score.

I love you and your family. Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth,
PLEASE say Happy Birthday to your Dad for us..Joe maybe you will read this! Yes, we have wonderful memories.
Have a great day!
Love and Prayers,
Carol and Phil

Anonymous said...

Dear Beth,

Thanks for your birthday wishes.
I do remember those days when I
was mistaken for your father. I also remembered when your mother mistook me for Joe. We had a lot of laughs over it. Hope you are feeling better.

Love,
Uncle Dave

Lois Christensen said...

Please wish them a Happy Birthday from the Christensen family as well! I remember being completely confused when I was a little girl until my father explained that, "Yes there are two of them!" Enjoy your day!