A couple of weeks ago we took a spontaneous road trip to Lancaster. Just a day trip - so please no angry comments from my Lancaster friends as to why I didn't call, drop in, etc. We were literally there a total of 5 hours. (I promise to spend a full weekend down with you all soon!) We saw the Amish, learned how to make pretzels at Sturgis Pretzel Bakery in Lititz, PA and ate at a smorgasbord. I was very saddened because both Plain & Fancy and Good & Plenty (my go-to places for quick fixes of PA Dutch food) were CLOSED!! We wound up going to Shady Maple Smorgasbord which was an experience in and of itself. The place is MASSIVE! The food is unending and the choices are mind-blowing. The lines were long, but thankfully the wait wasn't too bad. It is definitely something to experience once in your life.
Everyone agreed that the trip to the pretzel factory was the hit of the day. I had been there before, but it was everyone else's first time. What made it more special was that the great-granddaughter of the founder was our tour guide. Talk about getting personal perspective. Here are some photos of Chris outside the store.
No comments:
Post a Comment