Monday, February 22, 2010

Clean Up On Aisle Four

I'm convinced it has something to do with the month of February. Last year, on the day after Valentine's Day, I made coffee for my whole family. Nothing special about that... I do that every day. On this particular day, I put as much water and coffee in that coffee maker as I possibly could. I turned it on and walked out of the room.... only to return once I heard the triumphant rumbling that our coffee maker makes alerting the townsfolk that their delicious cup of 'joe' is ready and waiting. What I came back to find was a river of coffee all over my counter and floor. It was a mess. Well... it has long since become a joke in the family. I didn't have the carafe properly inserted under the coffee pot. It was all my fault.

Fast forward to this morning. Different coffee maker.... same issue. I must have knocked the carafe out of place and walked in 15 minutes later to find a river of coffee. Nothing says good morning like cleaning up that mess (Thank you to my wonderful husband for cleaning it up for me!).

Sorry my postings have been sporadic. We had an awesome visit with my friend Beth D. ("Reever") and her family. (pictures coming soon.) Our boys became fast friends and I only wish we lived a little closer so we could all spend some more quality time together. There's something about visiting with friends that have known you for a long time. So comfortable...so familiar. They know the good and the bad about you... they've been with you through the ups and downs of life and you can just be yourself. I am so thankful for the friends the Lord has blessed me with. I just wish we all lived closer!!

I also helped my sister-in-law, Shirley, launch her MK business this past weekend. It was so much fun and a huge success. Way to go Shirley!! We wrapped up the weekend with dinner with some friends from church and had so much fun. It's been a little hard to connect with folks up here in our new church (that seems to happen when your church has over 5,000 members), but this past weekend really encouraged us and we are feeling that the friendships are coming.

This is another busy week for us and I'm praying that the weather will cooperate with me as I have many things on my calendar this week. I'm not anxious, but trusting God.. one day at a time.

No comments: