Everyday Chris comes home from school and immediately opens up his book bag, pulls out his folder and shows me the contents from the day. Recently, he pulled out a little piece of yellow construction paper. All that was on this lonely piece of paper was his name and a big X in the middle of the paper.
"Oh -- wow Chris that's a nice X you made"
(Yeah.. we were told to write our name and to draw a picture of our pets. I don't have a pet so I made a big X instead."
I could tell that he was on the verge of sparking a debate with me about our no pet policy so, being the super mom that I am I quickly reassured him that while we don't have any pets right now, maybe one day he can get a fish. That seemed to satisfy him... for now. Sounds like a trip to Walmart is in order.
1 comment:
That is too funny!
Post a Comment