Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Revelation - Part 2

I didn't quite know how to handle the news of my blood clot. I was thankful I was still alive, but was so scared and had a hard time realizing that I would have to stay overnight at the hospital for a few days. They started me on blood thinners right away to dissolve the clot. The hospital was so crowded that they literally had to put me in a small room...actually, I believe it was a linen closet. I was so out of it, I didn't really know where I was.

Steve was picking up Shirley & Domingo (my sister-in-law and father-in-law) who dropped everything the minute they heard about my blood clot and flew from NJ to FL to basically run my household while I was away and to take care of Chris. My Dad and sister live in Florida so they were able to drive up and help out too. I am blessed with an incredible family. While Steve was at the airport, Pastor Jerry & Linda Lubrano from our new church in Florida literally found me in the linen closet. The front desk had no idea where I was, and instead of just taking that news and leaving, they combed the hallways and every door possible to find me. We had only visited their church twice, yet they came as soon as they heard what had happened to me. They sought me out, found me, prayed for me and encouraged me. Two other associate pastors and their families came from the church as well over the next 2 days... I was truly grateful for all their love and prayers. If nothing else, I knew that God had led us to this place, to this church, and that the timing of my blood clot, were no accident.

When I was finally released from the hospital, I had to go for weekly blood tests to make sure the blood thinners were doing their job. It was very tiresome, but I knew the importance of it. For some reason, my body was not regulating well to the blood thinners. My levels were all over the place, no matter how they adjusted my doses. So, after 6 months of weekly blood tests and a host of other tests, the doctor came with good news and bad news.... The good news was that the blood clot eventually did dissolve... the bad news is that....(to be continued)

No comments: