The bad news was that the blood work revealed that this blood clot had caused my body to activate a blood disorder that to that point had been dormant in my body. It is most likely hereditary. Anti-Thrombin III disorder, to be exact. The long and the short of it is that I will be on an aspirin regimen for the rest of my life (or until Jesus heals me) and, more disturbing, that I would put my life at risk if I were to get pregnant again... insert deep, heart-wrenching gulp followed by (unless Jesus heals me).
I went to 2 different specialists and, unfortunately, they all told me the same thing. With the history of cancer in my family, my age and now my blood disorder, having another baby would be high risk for me and the baby. Do I believe Jesus can heal this disorder and that with him all things are possible? Absolutely. But I also don't want to put my life at risk...especially when I've been blessed with one son who needs me. Yes, adoption is an option, but I'm not there yet.
The blood clot and subsequent events was quite a revelation and drastically changed my life and the scope of what I thought my family would one day look like. Growing up with a brother and a sister I had wanted the same for our son and it makes me sad to think he'll never know that joy. But, God is in control and I can trust in that. I thank God for my precious little boy. If one is what God has for me, I will be eternally grateful that he entrusted his life to me.
I am blessed!
1 comment:
I know it's hard for you!!! Praying God can give you peace to deal with the situation but more importantly praying for complete healing!!!
Post a Comment