Thursday, November 19, 2009

Out Of Time

I seem to have lost about a week on my calendar. Tomorrow we embark on our 2 day journey to Florida (yes, we are driving, not flying). But somehow in the chaos that is my life, I seem to have misplaced last week and the opportunities to put my thoughts together, put them on paper and come up with a plan of action to get us ready for this journey. Thankfully, my husband has been pro-active in getting the car ready for the trip. Little does he know that his "always-ready" wife, is no where near ready... the clock is ticking and I'm feeling the pressure.

The good news about traveling by car is that you can just throw things in... no one is going to weigh my luggage, probe through the contents of my purse or tell me to throw out any liquids. No standing in line for a security check, no "we're sorry for the delays", no turbulence, no lost luggage. I can carry as much junk as I'd like and only have to deal with some stares from my husband and perhaps have to ward off a comment like, "Do we really need to bring all this?" I can handle that.

To further explain my current frenzy, I awoke at 5am this morning in a sheer moment of panic when I realized that I forgot to pack bathing suits! What was I thinking!?!? That should have been the first thing in my suitcase. I just spoke to my sister to ensure that the swimming pool and hot tub are indeed warm! I guarantee we will arrive at my sisters, greet everyone and then dive into the pool and remain there for as long as possible.

So, you have to forgive me for not blogging about the Christmas Spectacular which we attended last Friday, which was ...ummm... Spectacular. I'll have to save that for my return to NJ. We'll be gone for a week and maybe I'll be able to blog once or twice from down south.

Please pray for a safe journey for us and that we all get the rest that we need. I feel a pedicure coming on... ahhhh.....

2 comments:

Sue said...

Lucky girl! Have a grea time.

Lois Christensen said...

Have a safe trip. Take lots of pictures and say hi to Ruth for me!!