By the time the majority of you will read this it will be the day after Thanksgiving.... I've had such a great day that I didn't get on the computer until late tonight. As you know, I'm blogging from Florida. We are having a great time although our time here went way too fast and we are wrapping up our last few days with my family.
I should be asleep at this point... it's well past 11 pm and the house is dark... everyone is sleeping except for me who has been purchasing Christmas gifts online for the last hour. I absolutely refuse to go to any store on Black Friday... did it once with Shirley (my sister-in-law) and vowed never again.. was a total waste of time (and interrupted sleep!). Anyway, I was very happy with my online purchases, my free shipping and "site to store" pick-up arrangements. It's a beautiful thing people... my blood pressure remains low, no pushing, shoving or disappointment in not finding an item the store that I wasted the gas to drive to. It's all nice and tidy... that is if you know what you are looking for.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.. great food, great times with family and friends. We finished off the day with a dip in the hot tub.... the signature of any visit to Florida... nothing better than a cool breeze at night while basking in a hot tub. I miss that!!
Anyway, tomorrow is our last full day in Florida. We are planning on sleeping in and doing some family activities together (perhaps bowling or mini golf -- it's going to be too cold for the beach.) Please pray for safe travels for us as we make our way back up to the chilly northeast.
Before I sign off, just wanted to send off a birthday greeting to my brother, Stephen. We love you!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment