Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Just Stuff

First, thank you to my dear friends who responded to my last series of blogs.. the comments and the personal emails you sent me were so supporting and encouraging. I thank God for your friendships each day. It never ceases to amaze me how God brings people into your life that have similar experiences and situations. God is good - no matter how crazy life gets.

I've been battling a stomach bug for several days.. just when I think I'm back to normal, it strikes again. It's going to be a very busy 2 weeks leading up to Thanksgiving. We are going to the Christmas Show this Friday and then next Friday we start our road trip down to Florida for Thanksgiving. It's going to be so much fun!

Most of you won't be surprised to find out that I've already started my Christmas shopping. There are some great deals out there already! If you have little kids on your list, I found some great games, books and such at Marshalls for a fraction of the cost at Walmart, Target and Toys R Us. Of course, you need to go there now before all the good stuff is picked over. Trust me.. my Marshalls and TJ Maxx's toy section can look like a tornado passed by at times, but everything is so nicely stocked and organized for Christmas.

I also have purchased some great deals online... shipping is free in most cases. Sign up for email alerts from your favorite stores so you can find out when they have free shipping or at least discounted shipping. With family living all over the country, if I can get free shipping, it's sometimes cheaper than me buying it, wrapping it and mailing it. Although I do love to wrap !

Well, enough words of wisdom from me today. I'm off to get Chris ready for school. Unfortunately I have to miss my amazing and awesome Beth Moore "Esther" Bible Study today. I wish I was feeling better, but I am just not up for the drive today. Oh well. I can watch the video online later.

Have an awesome day everyone!