Monday, July 6, 2009

What Day is It?

I don't know about you, but I'm all out of whack. Friday felt like a Saturday, Saturday felt like Sunday... you get the picture. All I know is that the calendar (and my laundry pile) tells me that today is Monday.

We had an action-packed weekend. Drove down to south Jersey to spend time with my father-in-law who is still in the hospital (please continue praying for him!). We squeezed in a round of mini-golf which consisted of mostly Christopher putting his golf ball 3 inches from the hole and then getting a "hole in one". We drove back home on Saturday afternoon and then drove to a neighboring town to watch a great fireworks display. It was Christopher's first time sitting outside to watch them and he absolutely loved it. If you were following my blog last year, you may recall that we spent last Fourth of July sitting in a hotel room because the movers were several days late in delivering our furniture from Florida. So, needless to say, this year was a big improvement.

Yesterday was church - it was the second weekend service in our brand-new sanctuary in Rockaway, NJ. I served in Nursery which always exhausts me and reminds me how wonderful it is not to have to change diapers. Although, I must admit, I never tire of holding a little baby. After church it was off to visit with some dear college friends (Diane and Jerry for those of my college buddies who read the blog) who I hate to say I haven't seen since my wedding!! Yikes!! Diane and I were roommates my junior and senior years of college. They live only a few miles from our church so hopefully we'll be getting to see a lot more of them. I still feel like I just graduated from college although the mirror and the fact that we are all married and have children tells me otherwise. It was lots of fun and a great way to end our weekend. Hope you all had a great weekend as well.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Yeah! Glad you got to spend time with Di and Jerry. And didn't we just graduate last year? Just avoid the mirror and you can totally believe that.